Board & Coordinating Council
Arrowhead Regional Corrections - Mike Wilsey - Board Chair
Cook County School Board - Dan Shirley- Board Vice-Chair
Lake County Commissioner - Peter Walsh - Board Secretary/Treasurer
Cook County Commissioner - Jan Sivertson
Human Development Center- Saprina Matheny
Lake Superior School Board - John Merrill
AEOA- Beth Peterson
Accend Services - Dan Rossow
Grand Portage - Rebecca Deschampe
Coordinating Council Members
Grand Portage - Rebeca Deschampe
Cook County Public Health & Human Services - Alison McIntyre
Lake County Public Health & Human Services - Lisa Hanson
Cook County Public Health- Joni Kristenson
Cook & Lake County School District Superintendent - Bill Crandall
By working together to strengthen families and honor diverse cultures, the North Shore Collaborative strives to improve access for all our children to community resources and opportunities that promote healthy development.
Our vision is a healthy community where children are a high priority. Families, the community, schools, public and private agencies work together as partners to address the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health of all our children. The North Shore will be a safe, welcoming and supportive place to live, work, and raise families.
1) Promote positive children’s mental health birth to age 21.
2) With community partners, promote developmental asset.
3) Address barriers and improve access to local resources for families with children.
* Maintain a fund for the purpose of reducing barriers for children and youth to critical resources and developmental opportunities.
* Continue to improve, promote and insure local funding for the Learning Opportunities Through Stories (LOTS) early literacy program.