Lake County Jail
The Lake County Jail has the capacity to hold 25 inmates. Besides housing our own inmates, we also take inmates from neighboring counties such as Cook and St. Louis County.
Wednesdays: 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Thursdays: 9:00 -11:00 a.m. Sundays: 1:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- All visitors must provide proper identification and register with jail staff prior to any visit.
- NO ONE under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors must be on inmate's visitor list (If you are unsure if you are on the list, you can ask the jailer in person or write the inmate a letter).
- Official visitors (lawyers, clergy, doctors, police officials, etc.) are permitted to visit an inmate during any reasonable time of the day, excluding meal times and sleeping hours.
- Visitors must wear appropriate attire.
- Visits are limited to twenty minutes. Inmate has a limit of two (2) twenty minute visits per visiting night.
- Only cash is accepted on behalf of the inmate.
- No materials can be exchanged during visitations (ie., letters, notes, etc.). Letters must be mailed through the U.S. Post Office, incoming and outgoing. Property can be released by the inmate, if desired, and must be signed for by someone with a photo ID.
Cash Bail may be posted at this facility at any time. We DO NOT accept personal checks, credit cards, or debit cards.
Bail may be posted through the services of a bonds person of your choice. Listings of bonds services are in the cell blocks and phone books.
- Inmates are allowed to write letters. They are permitted to send one letter on Tuesdays and Thursdays postage free. Mail to attorneys and public officials may be mailed on any day.
- Only letters and cards that have been postmarked and delivered by the Post Office in the usual manner can be accepted by the Jail for inmates.
- Cash, money orders or Cashier's Checks will be received and placed in the inmate's canteen account.
- On the return address there MUST be a name and address or the letter will be placed in the inmate's box and given at their release.
- Mail is inspected for contraband, physical and written. There should be no stickers on the envelope.
- Our mailing address is:
Lake County Jail
613 3rd Ave.
Two Harbors, MN 55616
- To set up inmate phone accounts, call: 1-800-896-3201 or go to website: www.reliancetelephone.com.
- The inmate voice mail is 218-834-3069
The philosophy of the Lake County Jail Program Office is to develop and schedule programs that benefit both the inmates and the staff. Providing programs that keep the inmates busy doing positive things helps provide a safe and secure jail as well as benefiting the inmates. Currently the programs being offered are:
Weekly AA meetings
Weekly 12 Step Program for male inmates
Weekly Recovery Program for female inmates
Weekly Transitions Program for female inmates
Weekly Bible Study
Volunteers are very much appreciated and we are always looking for volunteers to help with GED Classes, Chemical Dependency Counseling, or other Health and Wellness Counseling.
For more program information or to inquire about being a volunteer, please contact Steve Olson, Jail Administrator at (218) 834-8355 or email Steve Olson.
For a volunteer application, click on the link below