Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where is the Courthouse located?
- When is the Courthouse open?
- What phone number can I call?
- Do I need a burning permit?
- Observed Holidays by Lake County
- Automobile license tabs
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Divorce Information
- Finding my polling place
- A Guide to Splitting Parcels
- Election Results & Statistics
- Information on Genealogy
- Information on Land Sales
- Information on Voting
- Jail - Visitor Hours
- Jury Duty and Court Information
- Marriage License
- Medical Examiner
- Pay your taxes
- Purchase County Highway map
- Purchase Platbook
- Real Estate information on the web
- Services to US Veterans
- What is the Lake County Fiber Network Project?
601 3rd Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55616
Many departments list their calendars within the department pages and you can view their scheduled holiday observance there.
Or you may view the table below for a single view of all the departments and the dates each office is closed.
Courthouse hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm, except for holidays and weather emergencies.
Health & Human Services hours are: M-F 8:00am - 4:00pm, except for holidays and weather emergencies
View Calendar here
The Main Courthouse Phone Number: 218-834-8300
See the directory page of this website, each department has their own main incoming number.
If you are unsure of your precinct location, check the Secretary of State Precinct Finderpage. After a few questions to obtain your home address, it will provide the precinct number and location where you will go to vote as well as list which district elections within the state you are able to vote in.
Recorders Office – Vital Statistics
Auditors Office – Election section
Sheriff’s Office – Lake County Jail section
Auditors Office or Forestry
Veterans Services Officer – see Department section