Community Action Duluth
- Bridge to Employment-Assists parents and their dependents in meeting employment, education, and other goals. The program offers a combined support of SNAP food assistance as well as financial assistance. Must be enrolled in MFIP.
- Education-Integrated coaching program to assist individuals looking to further their education, learn computer skills, research career paths, provide guidance to pay off student loans, and take part in FAIM (assistance to pay for your education). Also offers GED certification, a six-week Certified Nursing Assistant class, and Community Construction (to learn construction skills), and Stream Corps, an 11-month paid employment training positions to individuals who have struggled to attain or retain employment. Participants learn employment soft skills as well as job-specific hard skills with a focus on the natural sciences.
- Free Tax Site-Free tax preparation and refunds for families and individuals with income up to $58,000.
- Common Cents Class-Free financial assistance class which provides information on asset building, creating a budget, understanding credit cards, credit reports, getting out of debt, dealing with collectors, getting a mortgage, preventing identity theft. Registration is required.
- FAIM-Helps individuals build savings to start a business, pay for education, purchase a home, car, or other asset. This program offers matching funds. Eligibility requirements include being a Minnesota resident 18 years or older, have earned income, be within income guidelines, and have assets below $10,000.
- Health and Food-Offers MNSure and SNAP navigation. Mobile Market is a refrigerated van which visits Duluth neighborhoods to provide produce, dairy, canned and dried goods, and some household products at affordable prices. Locally produced goods are also featured. If you are interested, you can pre-order products here and pick them up at one of the scheduled market locations. We accept cash, credit, debit, and EBT.
- Transportation-We can help you regain your license to drive and/or give you a bike to get around town and to work. Provides advocacy and support at court appearances, getting fines reduced or removed, and assists with insurance questions. Also offers JumpStart, an affordable car loan program offering financial coaching, low-interest rate loans, and a repair fund savings account.
- Suite 201
2424 W 5th Street
Duluth, MN 55806