lake county logo

Lake County Child Support

Child Support is money some parents pay to other people to support their children. The court orders the support. The support may be part of a court order in a divorce or legal separation, paternity action, order for protection, child custody action or a separate child support action.

Services provided by Minnesota’s child support program include:

  • locating parents
  • establishing parentage
  • establishing court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
  • reviewing and modifying court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
  • adjusting court orders based on the cost-of-living index
  • enforcing court orders for child support, medical and dental support, and child care support
  • working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota
  • collecting and processing payments

What’s Happening On My Case? Visit the Minnesota Child Support Online at You can receive more information about child support and payment information about your case.

How do I apply for Child Support services? You can call us at 1-218-834-8400, write us at Lake County Child Support, 616 Third Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55616, or connect to the State of Minnesota link at

Nondiscrimination Statement:  In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice).  Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Back to the Top