Public Health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health.
Financial support for Lake County Public Health comes from the MN Local Public Health Act, County tax levy, grants including State and Federal sources, fees for services and donations.
Areas of Public Health Responsibility:
- Assure an adequate local Public Health infrastructure
- Promote healthy communities and healthy behaviors
- Prevent the spread of infectious disease in cooperation with the MN Department of Health
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services
Contact Public Health:
Joann Cox, Public Health Nurse
Renee Fuller, Public Health Nurse
Public Health Quick Links
Nondiscrimination Statement: All eligible persons shall have access to the programs, facilities and employment of this agency, without regard to race, creed, economic status, color, sex, national origin, or physical or mental handicap.
Back to the Top