LAKE COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE OFFICE
N. V. (Vince) Sando, Service Officer
Lake County Service Center
616 Third Avenue
Two Harbors, MN 55616-1517
The Lake County Veterans Service Office is committed to providing professional and courteous service to veterans and dependents while striving to ensure they receive the maximum benefits and services they are entitled to. Individual right to privacy and confidentiality is always respected..
The Lake County Veterans Service Office provides assistance and technical
support to veterans and their dependents with a diverse array of benefits and services. This includes claims assistance, benefit counseling, and advocacy.
The Veterans Service Office can also assist in obtaining military discharges and documents. Assistance with discharge upgrades is also provided.
Services and Benefits
The following are benefits and services that veterans and dependents may be entitled to through federal and state programs:
FEDERAL BENEFITS (U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS)
- Disability compensation (service connected disabilities)
- Non-service pension
- Education benefits
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- VA Home Loans
- Burial benefits
- Medical Care at VA Hospitals
- Agent Orange benefits
STATE BENEFITS (MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS)
- Temporary financial assistance (short term disability)
- Dental & optical assistance
- State veterans homes (nursing home and domiciliary care)
- Veterans & war orphans education benefits
- Veterans preference advocacy
- State veterans cemetery (Little Falls, MN)
- Persian Gulf Bonus (note: deadline for bonus applications is June 30, 2001)
The Lake County Veterans Service Office will assist veterans and dependents with applications and/or claims for any of these benefits and services. To schedule an appointment call (218)834-8326 or e-mail Vince Sando at: Vince.Sando@co.lake.mn.us.
The top 3 links below will direct you to Federal Department of Veterans Affairs Fact Sheets and Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs resources addressing most concerns and providing information on Federal and State benefits.