Resource for homeless and street youth ages 14-24 offering a youth drop-in center, housing assistance, mental health and wellness programs, education and employment assistance, and sex trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation care housing and programming.
- Chemical Health-Licensed alcohol and drug counselor provides chemical dependency support and can conduct Rule 25 and diagnostic assessments. Requires no payment or insurance for services.
- Youth Drop-In Center-Provides hot meals, showers, lockers, laundry, basic need supplies, activities and group meetings. Call 218-722-7431 ext. 126 for more information. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3pm-7pm and Wednesday 3pm-6pm (lunch provided for ages 19-24). Dinner for ages 15-19 are Monday-Friday 3pm – 5:30pm.
- Mental Health & Wellness-Provides daily support and on-going services to improve physical, mental and spiritual wellness. Intensive case management is used to help youth improve health while obtaining life skills, stable housing, jobs, education, parenting education, and connections to community resources. Licensed alcohol and drug counselor provides chemical dependency support and can conduct Rule 25 and diagnostic assessments. Requires no payment or insurance for services.
- Futures Program-Voluntary program available to all Life House youth that may have been expelled or dropped out of school, who have little to no job experience, or who want to further their education and employment skills.
- Education-Offers online GED preparation program, assists with high school enrollment/transfer paperwork and provides tutoring. Assists with entire college process (applications, meetings, tours, supplies, tutoring).
- Employment-Program for youth who have multiple barriers to obtaining economic self-sufficiency.
- Legitimate Hustle Program-Program gives youth an opportunity to safely earn money while learning entrepreneurial and employment skills. Life House staff guide and mentor each LHP cohort to start and operate their own social enterprise business.
- Life House Housing Program-Over 48 units of housing with supportive case management throughout the Duluth community. Includes services aimed at preventing homelessness, including emergency rental assistance for eligible homeless and street youth and young families; assistance with advocacy with landlords and utility companies; and rapid re-housing with housing identification, rent and move-in assistance, and rapid re-housing case management and services.
- Safe Harbor-Provides a continuum of care for underage victims of sex trafficking and other forms of commercial sexual exploitation. Helps to connect survivors to services both within Life House and out in the community to help them heal from their traumas.
- Sol House-House for survivors of sexual exploitation, staffed 24/7, room for six youth (ages 15-20).
- Loft Shelter-10 bed emergency shelter for youth ages 15-19. Located at 102 W First Street, Duluth.
- Host Homes-Program that matches young people ages 18-24 with caring and consistent adults who have a spare bedroom to offer.
- Youth Safeline: 800-786-2929
- 102 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802