On June 28, 2007 the Lake County Board of Commissioners passed the Lake County Working Management Plan to better manage lake county’s tax forfeit and county fee lands:
Management Plan Resolution
WHEREAS, the Lake County Forestry Department is revising its 1983 Management Plan to better meet present and future management needs and issues, and
WHEREAS, a management plan is required for certification by the Forest Stewardship Council, and
WHEREAS, a draft management plan has been reviewed and approved by the Standing Forestry Commission, and
WHEREAS, market conditions, harvesting methods, management guidelines and legislation are changing at a rapid pace,
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Lake County Board of Commissioners adopts the present draft management plan as the Working Management Plan,
The Working Management plan will be modified in the future in the following ways:
- Information such as specific Wildlife Management options for different NPCs will be added.
- Age Class Graphs for Tree Species will be described.
- Biomass Harvesting guidelines will be added.
- Native Plant Community inventory information will be included over time.
- Special Project information will be added when completed.
As Foresters using a working management plan, we welcome your suggestions, criticisms and questions.