Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Provides family violence intervention, rehabilitation services and supervised visitation services. Also offers nonviolence classes for men.
- 202 East Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Resource for homeless and street youth ages 14-24 offering a youth drop-in center, housing assistance, mental health and wellness programs, education and employment assistance, and sex trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation care housing and programming.
- Chemical Health-Licensed alcohol and drug counselor provides chemical dependency support and can conduct Rule 25 and diagnostic assessments. Requires no payment or insurance for services.
- Youth Drop-In Center-Provides hot meals, showers, lockers, laundry, basic need supplies, WiFi, groups, activities and group meetings. For youth ages 14 to 20, hours are Monday through Friday from 3pm-6pm. For adults ages 18 to 24, hours are 11 am – 1:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Hours are 12pm – 1:30pm on Wednesdays.
- Mental Health & Wellness-Provides daily support and on-going services to improve physical, mental and spiritual wellness. Intensive case management is used to help youth improve health while obtaining life skills, stable housing, employment, education, parenting education, and connections to community resources. Licensed alcohol and drug counselor provides chemical dependency support and can conduct Rule 25 and diagnostic assessments. Requires no payment or insurance for services.
- Futures Program-Voluntary program available to all Life House youth that may have been expelled or dropped out of school, who have little to no job experience, or who want to further their education and employment skills.
- Education-Offers online GED preparation, assists with high school enrollment/transfer paperwork and provides tutoring. Assists with entire college process (applications, meetings, tours, supplies, tutoring).
- Legitimate Hustle Program-Program targets youth who have multiple barriers to obtaining economic self-sufficiency. Provides comprehensive case management and job training in an environment that helps youth to gain essential employment skills, become stable in their recovery or overall well-being, and transition into career opportunities. The Transitional Employment Case Manager assists our youth with resume building, interview skills, transportation to and from interviews, connecting with local businesses, and any additional ways of assisting with pursuing employment opportunities.
- Life House Housing Program-Subsidized housing with supportive case management for adults ages 18 to 24.
- 2001 Apartments-Housing for adults ages 18 to 24, many of whom suffer with addiction and/or mental illness.
- Northern Lights-8 unit Safe Harbor supportive, transitional housing program for young adults ages 18 to 24.
- Gateway Tower-Mixed population building for adults ages 18 to 24 who live on a dedicated floor.
- Sol House-House for survivors of sexual exploitation (ages 15-20).
- Loft Emergency Shelter-10 bed emergency shelter for youth ages 15-19. Located at 102 W First Street, Duluth. Contact the Residential Program Manager at 218-722-7431, ext. 125.
- Host Homes-Program that matches young people ages 18-24 with caring and consistent adults who have a spare bedroom to offer.
- Youth Safeline: 800-786-2929
- 102 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
24-hour hotline to report seeing a missing child and to report child sexual exploitation. Non-profit corporation whose mission is to help find missing children, reduce child sexual exploitation, and prevent child victimization.
- 24-hour crisis services
- Legal advocacy
- Relationship abuse advocacy
- Sexual Assault advocacy
- Resources and referrals
- Law enforcement and medical appointment accompaniment
- Clothing and bedding items
- Community outreach and education
- Supportive and Transitional Housing (New Beginnings, LLC)
- Safe Exchange and Supervised Visitation program
- Men’s Nonviolence Intervention Education
The Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program allows parents and family members to exchange children without face-to-face encounters and provides children with a comfortable and secure transition from one family member to another. The highest priority for our supervised visits and exchanges is to ensure the child’s emotional and physical safety.
Stronger Together is a support group for people who have experienced harmful relationships. Focus is on self-empowerment, healing, coping strategies, and making healthy changes. Group meets Tuesdays from 6pm-7pm at North Shore Horizons.
- 800-834-5923 (sexual assult/domestic violence only)
- 866-223-1111 (crisis line)
- 127 7th Street
Two Harbors, MN 55616
Assisting victims of sexual assault through emergency services, advocacy and support services, counseling, support groups and legal services.
- Art Group-Weekly open group utilizing expressive arts activities that assist victim/survivors heal from sexual violence.
- Yoga Group-Yoga practices specifically designed for trauma survivors are taught in safe and relaxing environment by a trained professional.
- Online Support Group-this group is an anonymous online forum for survivors to connect with each other and trained advocates in a healing and supportive way. It is available Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00pm by visiting https://affiliate.rainn.org/helproom/PAVSA
- 218-726-1931 (crisis line, available 24/7)
- Suite 200
32 East 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Statewide confidentiality program to help survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or others who fear for their safety by maintaining a confidential address.
- 866-723-3035 (Greater Minnesota)
- MN Relay 7-1-1
- SAFE AT HOME MAILING ADDRESS:
PO Box 17370
Saint Paul, MN 55117-0370
Safe Haven provides services to women, children and all survivors whose lives have been affected by physical, emotional, sexual and economic abuse. Provides an emergency shelter, legal advocacy, safely planning, self-sufficiency, support groups and community education.
- 218-623-1000 (Resource Center)
- 218-728-6481 (24-hour crisis line)
- 218-728-6481 (Shelter)
- 414 W 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55802