- Homeless Prevention and Housing-Services include outreach, assistance in meeting basic needs, homeless shelters in Virginia & Hibbing, financial assistance, counseling, case management, and referrals to important resources. Housing crisis services are available for those facing homelessness. Financial assistance and counseling is available to help people keep their current housing or find new stable housing.
- Homeownership-Offers workshops which are designed to teach buyers the steps to purchasing a home. Free One-on-one counseling sessions are available which are focused on affordability, types of mortgages, budgeting, savings, and accomplishing your goals. Also provides down payment/closing cost assistance to income eligible buyers.
- Weatherization-Audit of home for energy efficiency and locating experienced and skilled work crews to complete improvements to reduce heating costs. Free to low income individuals that qualify.
- Single Family Rehabilitation-Offers many loan programs to help improve the condition of an existing home.
- Energy Assistance-Emergency funds may be available for monthly heating bills, along with assisting with energy related repairs. Additional funds are available for crisis situations.
- FAIM-Money match program for low income eligible persons who want to purchase a home, pursue higher education or start a small business.
- Senior Community Service Employment-Promotes part time, temporary employment to income eligible adults over the age of 55.
- MNSURE Navigation-AEOA’s certified navigators provide free face-to-face application and enrollment assistance into health coverage through the MNsure marketplace.
- Norlen Industrial Park
2124 10th Street
Two Harbors, MN 55616