Looking for a Job with Lake County?
This page lists employment services and programs available to county residents; please go to Human Resources’ current job postings to see employment opportunities available with the county.
Senior community service employment for adults 55 and over; promotes part time, temporary employment. Must be income eligible.
- Norlen Industrial Park 2124 10th Street Two Harbors, MN 55616
- Housing-Offers assistance to find and/or keep stable housing, counseling and financial support.
- FAIM-Money match program for low income eligible persons who want to purchase a home, pursue higher education or start a small business.
- Lives in Transition-Offers life/career planning services to eligible low-income individuals.
- Senior Community Service Employment-Promotes part time, temporary employment to income eligible adults over the age of 55.
- FAIM-Money match program for those who want to purchase a home, pursue higher education, or start a small business. Must meet income and employment qualifications.
- Energy Assistance-Emergency funds may be available for monthly heating bills, along with assisting with energy related repairs. Provided October 1st to May 31st.
- Homeownership-Provides down payment/closing cost assistance to income eligible buyers.
- Foreclosure Prevention-Provides one-on-one counseling over the phone or in person to help those in the mortgage foreclosure process. Provides guidance to homeowners who are seeking agreements from their lender if they are moving towards foreclosure.
- Housing Assistance-Offers counseling, financial support and assistance with finding or keeping stable housing.
- Weatherization-Audit of home for energy efficiency. Free to low income individuals that qualify.
- Single Family Rehabilitation-Offers many loan programs to help improve the condition of an existing home. https://www.aeoa.org/housing/single-family-rehabilitation
- Norlen Industrial Park
2124 10th Street
Two Harbors, MN 55616
- (no email address available)
A job board to connect direct support workers and the people who hire them.
HDC offers same day appointments for the following programs: addiction services, adult and child case management, adult and child psychotherapy, ARMHS, behavioral home health, CTSS, early childhood, and employment services.
- Mental Health-Offers a continuum of outpatient mental health services for all ages. Services include individual, family and couples counseling, school-based therapy, Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services, Targeted Case Management, Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports, including skills groups, psychiatric services, peer support and employment services. Crisis appointments available. Most major insurances, including MA, are accepted. Nobody is turned away for an inability to pay.
- Chemical Health-Offers Rule 25 and comprehensive chemical health assessments, intensive outpatient group programming, dual diagnosis (MI/CD) treatment services, substance abuse disorder counseling, peer support services, case management and monitoring and aftercare support services.
- Employment Connection-Provides community placement services that assist clients to define vocational goals and then find and maintain competitive employment in the community. Assists in searching for, finding, and maintaining employment. The Employment Connection is a vocational program that is specially designed to help adults with mental illness, serious mental illness and serious and persistent mental illness find and keep employment in the community. All referrals go through an assessment of needs and eligibility process.
- MFIP and DWP Employment and Training Program-Offers job search and supportive services to eligible persons with dependents.
- 218-834-5520 (Two Harbors)
- 218-728-4491 (Duluth)
- 218-834-5520 (Silver Bay)
- 800-634-8775 (24/7 crisis line)
- 325 11th Avenue
Two Harbors, MN 55616
- 1401 E 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55805
- 99 Edison Blvd.
Silver Bay, MN 55614
Free service that prepares unemployed and unskilled adults for entry into the job market. Geared towards helping people 21 years of age and older overcome barriers which may prevent their entry into the workforce.
- MN Relay: 7-1-1
- Minnesota Workforce Center 402 W 1st Street Duluth, MN 55802
- 866-814-1252 (TTY)
- UI Customer Service PO Box 4629 St. Paul, MN 55101