Looking for a Job with Lake County?
This page lists employment services and programs available to county residents; please go to Human Resources’ current job postings to see employment opportunities available with the county.
2-1-1 call centers are staffed 24/7 by trained Community Resource Specialists who quickly assess needs and refer callers to the help that they seek. They offer information on a broad range of services, including:
- Food and housing support
- Mental health and substance abuse resources
- Legal assistance
- Youth programs
- Medical and dental clinics
- Education and job training opportunities
- Household items
- Temporary financial assistance and money management
A job board to connect direct support workers and the people who hire them.
HDC offers same day appointments for the following programs: addiction services, adult and child case management, adult and child psychotherapy, ARMHS, behavioral home health, CTSS, early childhood, and employment services. HDC is now offering a youth outreach program to teens ages 12-18 (see more information below).
- Mental Health-Offers a continuum of outpatient mental health services for all ages. Services include individual, family and couples counseling, school-based therapy, Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services, Targeted Case Management, Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports, including skills groups, psychiatric services, peer support and employment services. Crisis appointments available. Most major insurances, including MA, are accepted. Nobody is turned away for an inability to pay.
- Youth Outreach-Offers a safe space, staffed by a CTSS provider and intern, for all teens ages 12-18 to hang out, learn about mental health, create friendships and provide a space where they feel supported, respected and safe. Activities may include crafts, movies, games, music, etc. Group meets Mondays from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Waterfront Center, 606 2nd Avenue, Two Harbors.
- Chemical Health-Offers Rule 25 and comprehensive chemical health assessments, intensive outpatient group programming, dual diagnosis (MI/CD) treatment services, substance abuse disorder counseling, peer support services, case management and monitoring and aftercare support services.
- Employment Connection-Provides community placement services that assist clients to define vocational goals and then find and maintain competitive employment in the community. Assists in searching for, finding, and maintaining employment. The Employment Connection is a vocational program that is specially designed to help adults with mental illness, serious mental illness and serious and persistent mental illness find and keep employment in the community. All referrals go through an assessment of needs and eligibility process.
- MFIP and DWP Employment and Training Program-Offers job search and supportive services to eligible persons with dependents.
- 218-834-5520 (Two Harbors)
- 218-728-4491 (Duluth)
- 218-834-5520 (Silver Bay)
- 325 11th Avenue
Two Harbors, MN 55616
- 1401 E 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55805
- 99 Edison Blvd.
Silver Bay, MN 55614
Geared towards helping people 21 years of age and older overcome barriers which may prevent their entry into the workforce. Offers individual career counseling and job search assistance as well as possible help with tuition assistance for training or certifications if needed and appropriate.
- MN Relay: 7-1-1
- Minnesota Workforce Center
402 W 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55802
The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program provides a temporary partial wage replacement to Minnesota workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own.
- 866-814-1252 (TTY)
- UI Customer Service
PO Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101