Many affordable health and wellness classes are offered through the Two Harbors and Silver Bay Community Education programs in various communities throughout Lake County.
- Early Childhood Family Education-ECFE is a program for parents with children ages birth to pre-kindergarten five. Families participate in activities to build social, cognitive and motor skills. Parent education is provided through lively and informative discussions about everyday life as a parent. Registration is required for mixed age session. Fees are based on a sliding fee scale and can be waived if necessary. For more information: 218-226-4437 ext. 8158 or www.isd381.org
- Early Childhood Screening-Quick and simple check of how children are doing between the ages of 3 to 4 years. It identifies, at an early stage, possible learning or health concerns so that children can get needed help before starting school. Early childhood screening is required for entrance in Minnesota’s public schools and is offered throughout the year. 218-226-4437 ext. 8158 or www.isd381.org.
- Little Mariner and Little Agates Preschool is available for children ages 3- 5 years old. The goal in preschool is to instill a love of learning, build skills for kindergarten and to have FUN! All of our Preschool sites are Parent Aware 4 Star Rated. 218-834-8201 ext. 8230 or 218-226-4437 ext. 8137 or www.isd381.org.
- Kids and Co. (Phone: 218-834-8221 ext. 8423) is located in the Minnehaha Elementary school, provides children 3 years old through the end of 5th grade with before, during and after school supervision and activities. Open 6am-6pm.
- 218-834-8201 ext. 8230 Two Harbors
- 218-226-4437 ext. 8137 Silver Bay