Many affordable health and wellness classes are offered through the Two Harbors and Silver Bay Community Education programs in various communities throughout Lake County.
- Early Childhood Family Education-ECFE is a program for parents with children ages birth to pre-kindergarten five. Families participate in activities to build social, cognitive and motor skills. Parent education is provided through lively and informative discussions about everyday life as a parent. Registration is required for mixed age session. Fees are based on a sliding fee scale and can be waived if necessary. For more information, please call 218-226-4437 ext. 8158 in Silver Bay or 218-834-8221 ext. 8362 in Two Harbors.
- Early Childhood Screening-Quick and simple check of how children are doing between the ages of 3 to 4 years. It identifies, at an early stage, possible learning or health concerns so that children can get needed help before starting school. Early childhood screening is required for entrance in Minnesota’s public schools and is offered throughout the year. Call 218-226-4437 ext. 8158 for more information.
- Little Mariner and Little Agates Preschool is available in Silver Bay for children ages 3- 5 years old. The goal in preschool is to instill a love of learning, build skills for kindergarten and to have FUN! All of our Preschool sites are Parent Aware 4 Star Rated. Call 218-226-4437 ext. 8453 for more information.
- Kids and Co. is located in the Minnehaha Elementary and William Kelley schools. Care is provided before, during, and after school for children 3 years old through the end of 5th grade. Call 218-226-4437 ext. 8453 for more information.
- 218-834-8201 ext. 8230 Two Harbors
- 218-226-4437 ext. 8137 Silver Bay