Lutheran Social Services
- Safe Place-provide immediate support to youth in a crisis. We partner with libraries, fire stations, bus transit and other community organizations that display big yellow Safe Place signs in their windows to signal to youth that they are a safe place to get immediate help.
- Duluth Runaway & Homeless Youth Services-Emergency hotline (218-626-2726) to talk to someone if you are thinking about running away, having a friend who has run away and is looking for help, you have run away and want to talk to your parents but aren’t sure how, or you are worried about a friend and want information on how to help them.
- Bethany Crisis Shelter-Bethany Crisis Shelter offers short-term, emergency housing for youth 17 years and younger. Referral by county social worker, court, or law enforcement. Provides supervised daily living, homebound education, recreational programming, weekly discussion groups, counseling, transportation and emergency foster care.
- Host Homes-Program that matches young people ages 18-24 with caring and consistent adults who have a spare bedroom to offer in their home.
- Another Door Emergency Housing Program-Program for young adults age 18-24 experiencing homelessness, offers short term housing and support to develop a plan.
- LSS Renaissance-Transitional housing (up to 18 months) for youth 16-21 years old. While there, youth will develop skills to live independently.
- Supportive Apartments-Offers long-term housing paired with supportive services for youth ages 18-24 who are experiencing homelessness and meet MN guidelines for homelessness.
- Center for Changing Lives-Located at 1422 East Superior Street, Duluth. Phone 218-529-2230. Offers many options to youth with regards to homelessness.
- Teen Health Clinic-Offers free walk-in wellness services including health screenings for teens and young adults who are 13-24 years old. Located at The Center for Changing Lives Duluth, 1422 East Superior Street, Duluth.
- Oh No Eighteen! (ONE) Independent Living Skills-This independent living skills program includes education, support and case management for young people who are about to transition out of foster care. We work with youth to provide life skills training to assist with a successful transition to adulthood.
- Supervised Visits-Conducts supervised visits for families referred by counties and courts, as well as providing fee-based supervised visits for families who seek them independently. Flexible scheduling at various locations throughout Duluth and surrounding area. Phone 218-391-9561 for more information or see http://www.lssmn.org/youth/duluth/supervised-visits/.
- Bethany Crisis Nursery-Providing a safe and nurturing environment for children birth through age 12. Also provides crisis support and information and referrals. Located at 1422 East Superior Street, (phone: 218-302-6879).
- Clothing Room-Offers baby clothes (newborn to size 7 in kids), diapers/wipes, blankets, hygiene products and other baby equipment (items are donated, so selection varies) to those in need free of charge. Call 218-302-6879 for an appointment.
- Teen Closet-Offers free new and gently used clothing for youth ages 13-21. Teen closet is open Wednesdays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. or call 218-481-5184 for an appointment time. Located on the third floor of the First Presbyterian Church, 300 E Second Street, Duluth.
- Child Care-Temporary, emergency care for up to three days for children infancy through 12 years. Available day and night.
- Together for Youth-A community outreach and support group for LGBTQ youth.
- Working with families and individuals to solve debt and financial problems. Assists in setting up a realistic budget and payment plan to fit individual needs.
- 888-577-2227 (financial line)
- Suite 600
424 West Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802