In light of the continuing COVID-19 situation and the declaration that the county buildings will be closed to the public beginning at 4:30 March 19, 2020, we encourage taxpayers to follow these guidelines when making tax payments:
- Utilize the drop box in front of the Lake County Law Enforcement Center (613 3rd Ave). This is the entryway that is level with the sidewalk, to the west of the main door of the courthouse.
- Check or money order payments are preferred.
- Mail your tax payment to: Lake County Auditor, 601 3rd Ave. Two Harbors, MN 55616
- To practice social distancing and for the protection of our customers and staff, cash transactions are being discouraged at this time.
- If you require a receipt beyond your cancelled check, please indicate that on your payment stub and a receipt will be mailed to you.
- Our website is set up to accept electronic checks, debit and credit card transactions. Please visit: www.co.lake.mn.us and follow the links and instructions.
- If you have questions about your tax statement or values, phone contacts are listed on the respective documents and staff will be able to assist you over the phone.
Please remember that second half Property Taxes are due by October 15th .