Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Military Discharge Records

The Lake County Recorder’s Office files and maintains Military Discharge Records (DD214). There is no fee for recording or obtaining copies of these records. When a person leaves military service, they receive a DD214 document. Military service organizations strongly suggest recording the DD214 to ensure easy availability of the certified copy in the event that the original would get lost or destroyed.

Due to recent privatization law changes, application must be made by the veteran along with photo I.D. in order to obtain copies of a DD214. Additional assistance can be provided by contacting the Lake County Veteran Services Officer at (218) 834-8326.