Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Child Support

Child Support is money some parents pay to other people to support their children. The court orders the support. The support may be part of a court order in a divorce or legal separation, paternity action, order for protection, child custody action or a separate child support action.

Services provided by Minnesota’s child support program include:

  • Locating parents
  • Establishing parentage
  • Establishing court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
  • Reviewing and modifying court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
  • Adjusting court orders based on the cost-of-living index
  • Enforcing court orders for child support, medical and dental support, and child care support
  • Working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota
  • Collecting and processing payments

What’s Happening On My Case? Visit the Minnesota Child Support Online where you can learn about your child support and payment information.

How do I apply for Child Support services? You can call us at (218) 834-8400, write us at Lake County Child Support, 616 Third Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55616, or connect to the State of Minnesota.

Child Support Quick Links

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1. Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442
3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.