Child Support is money some parents pay to other people to support their children. The court orders the support. The support may be part of a court order in a divorce or legal separation, paternity action, order for protection, child custody action or a separate child support action.
Services provided by Minnesota’s child support program include:
- Locating parents
- Establishing parentage
- Establishing court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
- Reviewing and modifying court orders for child support, medical support and child care support
- Adjusting court orders based on the cost-of-living index
- Enforcing court orders for child support, medical and dental support, and child care support
- Working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota
- Collecting and processing payments
What’s Happening On My Case? Visit the Minnesota Child Support Online where you can learn about your child support and payment information.
How do I apply for Child Support services? You can call us at (218) 834-8400, write us at Lake County Child Support, 616 Third Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55616, or connect to the State of Minnesota .