Public Health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health.
Financial support for Lake County Public Health comes from the MN Local Public Health Act, County tax levy, grants including State and Federal sources, fees for services and donations.
Areas of Public Health Responsibility
- Assure an adequate local Public Health infrastructure
- Promote healthy communities and healthy behaviors
- Prevent the spread of infectious disease in cooperation with the MN Department of Health
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services