Members: Dean Rudloff, Karen Saari, Judie Sarff, Lisa Schreyer,
Dolly Wood, Terri Norris, Kim Graden, Rob Laska, Beth Egan, Chris Belfield, Ashley Kalina
To serve as an advisory committee to the Lake County Health and Human Services Advisory Committee to fulfill the provisions of Minnesota Statutes, Sections 245.466 and 245.4875, Subd. 5 and the provisions of Minnesota Statutes Section 402.03, pertaining to the requirement for a Health and Human Services Advisory Committee to have a permanent task force relating to mental health. Task Force actions shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To actively participate in the formation of the mental health portion of the annual Children and Community Services Act Plan (formerly known as the Community Social Services Act Plan), as provided for in Minnesota Statutes, section 256E.09, Subd.2.
- To actively participate in the development of mental health and related portions of the Lake County Health and Human Services Advisory Committee’s annual budget recommendations to the Board.
- To review and evaluate implementation of the plan and the budget, and to provide recommendations to the Board for inclusion in the Lake County Health and Human Services Advisory Committee’s report to the Board.
- To receive, review and comment on special interest group and community-at-large input regarding mental health issues, with respect to the Lake County Health and Human Services Plan, programs, service and performance.
- To actively develop work groups within the Task Force to address various needs within the community as needed.
- To perform such other duties as are requested by the Lake County Health and Human Services Advisory Committee.
It shall be the mission of the Lake County Local Mental Health Task Force to advocate for all Lake County residents such programs and services that promote mental health wellness.
Task Force Documents
Let’s Talk MN
The program discusses mental health and behavioral issues affecting the local community and resources for help. It is hosted by Chris Belfield and sponsored by the Lake County Local Mental Health Task Force. Chris is an emergency services volunteer chaplain with 20 year experience providing services and counseling to emergency first responders and community members dealing with grief and trauma.
List on 99.5FM or KTWH.org every third Monday of the month at 11:00AM, repeated the following Sunday at 12:00PM noon, or listen to archived programs.